Las Terrazas... in Old-American Car including a bath in San Juan River!
The guided tour starts at 8:00 in the morning.At just 51 km from Havana you will find “Las Terrazas” in Sierra del Rosario declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO in 1985. Crossed by the San Juan River, the area is home to abundant, varied fauna: 90 species of birds as well as many different reptiles and amphibians. The walks here are lovely on paths lined with flowers, including wild orchids.
Most of the farmers in Sierra del Rosario live in a community founded by a government programmer in 1968. The name of “Las Terrazas” derives from the terraces laid out for the pine trees that are now a characteristic feature of the area.
After to get the permission for entrance to “Las Terrazas” at the Bureau of Ecological Research you will visit the restored “Buena Vista” coffee plantation where you will see the different process to get the coffee. The second stop of this tour will be the community with more than 1000 inhabitants who make a living by maintaining the woods and from ecotourism. If you enjoy testing your limits, Las Terrazas Complex can offer you the spectacular adventure ride you’re looking for: The Canopy Tour. This one consists of five platforms held up by wooden towers of various heights and connected by steel cables which will take you on a downhill trajectory 1600 meter-long. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get a bird’s eye view of Las Terrazas Community, accompanied by a local guide.
The tour ends with the visit to the San Juan River, where you will have time to take a bath in its crystalline waters and enjoy a Cuban lunch. Free time to relax until 5:00 in the afternoon. Return to your hotel in Havana.
|Daily||8:00 hrs||10 hrs||USD|
- Comfortable shoes and clothing, sunglasses, bath suit, sun cream, towel, sunglasses and cash.
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax|
|Book now||Book now||Book now||Book now|
-English speaking guide for 10 hrs.
- Old American Classic Car with professional driver for 10 hrs.
- Entrance at "Las Terrazas" declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO.
-Visit to the Buena Vista coffee plantation.
- Panoramic tour of Las Terrazas rural community.
- Time to get the Canopy Tour.
- Visit San Juan River. Time to take a bath at San Juan River including Lunch.
- Return to Havana.
- Tickets to: Canopy tour (according to availability, to be paid locally).
- Tips to driver and guide (Recommended Tips according the service received).
- Something not mentioned before.